A well-stocked medicine cabinet keeps you prepared for minor health issues. Fortunately, your local drugstore in Virginia offers high-quality OTC medications. Over-the-Counter (OTC) medications are available without a prescription and are used to treat symptoms like fever, minor aches, allergies, and more.
As an independent pharmacy, we will share the must-have OTC medications you should have at home:
- Acetaminophen – Better known as Tylenol, this OTC medicine can effectively treat muscle aches, backaches, fever, and headaches.
- Loratadine – Also called Claritin, this medicine is an antihistamine that treats seasonal allergies but does not cause sleepiness.
- Aluminum hydroxide – This medicine is a popular antacid used to treat mild heartburn or acid reflux. It is sold commonly under brands like Equate or Gaviscon.
- Bacitracin – Bacitracin is an ointment that contains antibiotics to accelerate healing and protect minor skin injuries from infection.
- Ibuprofen – Ibuprofen is an active ingredient in most pain relievers, such as Advil. It is effective for treating musculoskeletal injuries, such as swollen joints or sprains.
Cavalier Pharmacare is a fully operational retail pharmacy in Martinsville, Virginia. We specialize in regular prescription processing and pharmaceutical solutions to meet your needs. Visit us or request our delivery services to stock up on medical supplies.