We’ve all had that one forgotten or expired bottle of medicine in the cabinet that’s just waiting to be thrown out. The question is, how can one dispose of it without causing harm to others?
As a concerned professional retail pharmacy in Martinsville, Virginia, we at Cavalier Pharmacare would like to give you the following guidelines to help you safely discard unused or expired medicines.
The best way to get rid of most types of unused or expired medication is to drop it off at a drug take back site. In the event that you can’t find a drug take back location near you, the two best options you can choose is to:
- Flush these potentially dangerous medicine down the toilet (check the FDA flush list to see if your medication is safe for flushing)
- If not on the FDA flush list, you can do the following:
- Mix your medicines with an unappealing substance such as dirt, cat litter, or used coffee grounds
- Place mixture in a sealed container
- Throw away sealed contained in your trash at home
- Erase all personal information on the prescription label of empty medicine bottles or packaging
Get your medication from a trusted and experienced drugstore in Virginia.
Contact our independent pharmacy today for details about our products and services.